29 January 2009

A pig, a duck and a half gallon of milk


Last night Miss M and I made sock creatures with my cousins. Usually I don't get to make one because I spend all of the time helping everyone else figure out how to make thier own, but we have done this enough times now that they did most of it themselves. I was so proud of my little sewing students. I was able to make a little pig and Miss M made a little duck. I sewed the button eyes on for her, but she sewed all the rest of hers.

We have started going to a new farm for milk and now it comes in half gallon glass jars instead of gallon plastic jugs. Janet delivered four jars to us yesterday just before Ann called to see if I needed lunch because my power was out. Well our power was on and so I said no thanks. I took two jars into the kitchen to put away and left two on the table. Sis S climbed up,picked up a jar, and smashed on the table at just the perfect angle for it to shatter. I got her out of the mess before she got cut and stripped off her clothes. After she calmed down I went about the task of cleaning up. A half gallon of milk doesn't seem like much, but if you spead it out 1/16 inch all over the table and floor it is huge. It took six bath towels to sop it up and then I had to move everything and mop. By the time I was done it was almost 1:00 and we had not had lunch, so we got in the car to go buy something quick. I drove up and down mains treet and everywhere was closed because the power was out. I then had to come home and cook something anyway. I was not happy.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Oh my Gosh!!! Sounds like it was indeed a whole ocean of milk!!! What a disaster. However, your little puppets turned out super cute:)

Happy Herrons said...

The animals are cute! Ugh for the crazy lunch-time disasters!