31 January 2009

A birthday idea

My birthday is coming up in a few months. I was browsing on the internet for ideas for a present from my hubby and came across a few books I would like. Now Matthew refuses to buy me any more books, so I am putting a link for everyone else to look at just in case you are wondering what to buy for me to celebrate me and my glorious birth.

By the way, I think that birthdays are over rated. Shouldn't we as children be celebrating our parents, with special emphasis our mothers, and bring them presents; didn't they already give us enough by giving us life and allowing us to keep on living, especially during the teenage years? Why do we still expect people to treat us special on that day, we didn't really do anything to deserve such treatment.

3 comments:

Happy Herrons said...

I agree - the momma should get all the presents. Do we get to party again for your birthday? Since we never got to my party - we could party together!!!!

Stacee Maree said...

I don't agree. I realize that we didn't do anything we were just born, but everyone deserves a day that is all their own. My parents have birthday's of their own and we often over do it for them. I don't ask for anything from them and often don't get anything. But I think we should celebrate each other and have a day just to ourselves. it reminds us that we are special.

Diana said...

I've changed it from "birthday" to "appreciate me gosh dang it day:)" I do so much at home I need a day to feel loved and spoiled.