13 September 2010

Finished a McGuffey's book!!!

Miss M finished another McGuffey's Reader. There are six books total; a pictoral primer, a primer, then first through fourth. She started learning to read with these about six months ago. We learn phonograms and then read short stories or sentences that utilize them. Sometimes there are lists of words that I assume are supposed to be spelling words, but I didn't use them as spelling words. She is slowly learning the rules of spelling and didn't want to put any pressure on her. Nevertheless, she learned to read all of the words and to read with out using monotone. She was so excited to have a reading lesson today because she got to use the first reader which she thinks is the first "real" reading book.

1 comment:

Montserrat said...

Hi Kellie,

Just thought I'd let you know you won the wooden checkerboard game given away on my blog last week. Please e-mail me at chocolateonmycranium {at} live {dot} com

Congrats!