05 September 2010

Family Weekend

We had a great family weekend. My husband went on a trip to the temple with the youth in our ward, they met at the church at 6:30 am. I love this time and the only way it could be better is if it were earlier. My girls love it when they wake up and their daddy is home, they miss him so much when he is at work. Even though he wasn't there when they woke up, they knew he would be there for lunch.

We did nothing the rest of the time. We sat around and played with each other Saturday afternoon, ate dinner with Grandma, then had church today. I even got my husband to read a scene from Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew with me. He was Petruchio and I was Kate. I think he really liked pretending to throw food around and be mean. We do not have very many weekends like this. Usually my husband has some youth commitment or work or we have so many errands to run on Saturday that we can't wait for Monday so that life can slow down again.

I used to want to be going somewhere all the time, but now I just want to stay home. I love being here at my house especially if I can just relax with my family. After spending so much time having to be somewhere, I am incredibly grateful for my time at home and really look forward to weekends like this.

No comments: