21 September 2008

The story of Cinderella told by Disney is the plan of salvation

<
As I was watching Disney's Cinderella for the upteenth time for family movie night I was thinking that there has to be some deeper meaning, some lessons I could teach my daughters besides waiting for their Prince Charming. About half way through the movie I found the hidden message. The story of Cinderella told by Disney is the plan of salvation. Everything is there. Christ, God, Satan, the temple, the celestial kingdom, earthly trials, sin and even repentance. My children might seem a little young to grasp this deeper meaning, but I think Abby was getting it. This shows me that Disney can't be the anti-christ everyone tells me it is.

3 comments:

Stacee Maree said...

AMEN!!! I think that if you start looking to deeply into movies you get two results. If you are determined to find the negative that is what you will find, but if you look at the movie for the upliftment and entertainment, You just might find joy and the lessons that can be taught even from simple cartoon movies. If you are optimistic then everything in the world won't seem so wrong. GO DISNEY, YOU ROCK!!!

Happy Herrons said...

I am glad you found something happy -but I am still NOT buying Ellie ANY Disney movies (maybe Monsters Inc, - that is so cute). I think we are going to get into musicals on DVD. But I started with Victor/Victoria (just the first part, until the library DVD started to skip) maybe that one is a bit advanced.

Happy Herrons said...

Wait - I have a GREAT Enrichment idea - how to cut boys hair. Then a follow up could be little girls hair. Or how to use a clipper on your hubby (saving $16+ every 6 weeks!)