09 September 2008

The state fair

We went to the fair on friday. We love the fair and look forward to it all year. It is the one time we can get Lola to be brave enough to touch some animals. Of course our favorite part is the dairy cows. Abby went crazy over the goats though. I guess she doesn't know better yet. I was disappointed to not see any cows from Redmond Farm where we get our milk, that is OK I just pretended that some of the ones that were there were them.
Another favorite part is the kid's farm. The kids get to gather eggs in a chicken coup and feed the chickens corn. They get to milk a cow and do lots of other fun farm stuff. At the end they sell their veggies and wool for a dollar to spend on a treat at the store.

We let them each pick a ride to go on. Mallorie chose the trampolines. I was suprised that she did so well. She even managed to do a back flip once. She was so light that I had to help her bounce almost the whole time.


.
Lola wanted to ride on the airplanes (helicopters). She is my play it safe chick. We stayed until after 9:00 pm (I can't remember the last time my kids were out that late). I can't wait for next year. Next year Mallorie wants to enter something, I may make this a family goal for each of us.

No comments: