30 March 2010

A week off and my Suburban tried to kill me

We are taking this week off of school and although it is only Tuesday, I know that this is not the lifestyle for me. I need more direction in my day. I feel like we are just floating around waiting for something, but I don't know what. Next week we are going to get back on it. We are half way through our first official term of Kindergarten (We call it Year 0.5). It is very casual and simple. We (Mallorie and I) are learning how to do school so in September when we start Year 1 we will be ready.

Yesterday we picked up our new swing set from Pitcher Sports. I almost died doing this. I pulled our trailer with our Suburban into Sandy to get it. When I got off the freeway at 106Th South I could not stop. I pushed as hard as I could on the brakes and still could not stop. I ended up pulling up onto the rocks in the middle of the off ramp and came to a stop about three cars in front of where I should have stopped. It was so scary and I am sure all of the those drivers thought I was a maniac. I figured I must have just been going too fast (it is a very heavy trailer), but it turns out that my gas pedal was stuck under the floor mat. I was still shaking almost 1 hour later when I met up with Matthew to trade vehicles. My Suburban tried to kill me and some complete strangers!!!! That may be a little dramatic, but you didn't see the faces of the drivers in front of me.

The set is all put together and if the wind ever stops we will cement it in place so we can play. It has a huge slide, monkey bars, and six swings. I think before the summer is over we will change out two of the swings for rings or a bar and add a fireman's pole.

Miss M and Miss Mae went to the doctor this morning for a checkup. The doc told me what I already knew, that they are perfect. She did say that it was perfect weight and height, but I know that was code for all around perfect. Miss Mae did get immunizations, I have mixed feelings on this (Sis. Sue had a really bad reaction to immunizations and became like a newborn at six months old). She is doing alright so far, but is taking a nap, which is very abnormal. I have been praying for and will ask Daddy-O to give her a blessing when he gets home.

By the way, we ended up with two extra really nice American flags. If anyone wants one just let me know.

1 comment:

Stacee Maree said...

I would love a flag if you still have them.