14 March 2010

Princess Projects

As part of school we do handicrafts that we call Princess Projects. This is a time when I teach them anything that I think they will need when they (the princesses) become Queens of their own kingdoms (their houses). Some of the things on this list are sewing, cooking, cleaning, organizing, budgeting, and the list could go on forever.

This week I got serious about teaching the girls how to sew. I sew all the time (at least I would like to) and Miss Mae and Miss M always beg me to teach them. I ordered some books by Winky Cherry to use in school next fall, but pulled them out now. I am so glad that I did. These books are very simple they use rhymes to teach things and have some great ideas that I just never thought of. Now they are sewing all the time. They are working hard to make all of the animals so they can move on to learning how to embroider so then they can make the dolls.

So far they have made birds, unicorns, a bear, a moon, and are currently working on an alligator and cat.

1 comment:

alicia said...

Those are adorable! I think if I gave Addi and Parker a needle and thread they would poke each other until Addi got the idea to sew a pillow case shut with Parker in it! Not even joking:) I have a blog now so you will have to check it out and give me pointers! It is so confusing!
www.burton-partyof5.blogspot.com