13 June 2008

Disney Princesses evil?

I found this article and I am posting it for all to read. I got a kick out of it and I knew that Ann would too. I have put a moritorium on Disney Princess purchases at our house a while ago because they seemed to have become an obsession with my girls. My feelings on this are neutral. I am just helping people be informed about our children's toys. WARNING: This website is very liberal, in fact they describe themselves as "the flagship of the left." I read there every now and again for entertainment, most of what I find there I just laugh at.

4 comments:

Stacee Maree said...

Yeah, whatever. Mulan isn't even a princess, she's just a wealthy girl trying to save her father. And they didn't have tiara's in Pochantas time.

Kellie, said...

I have not seen either of those movies!!!

Stacee Maree said...

You aren't missing much with Pochantas. But Mulan is one of my favorites. I did quite enjoy that article. It made me laugh.

Happy Herrons said...

I completely agree. My main pet peeve is that all the princess are suppose to be friends, but they are NEVER shown as a group, or helping each other out. In fact, in almost all marketing they are individual head shots - not even looking at each other (female support?!)