28 April 2008

Why study the Constitution?

Matthew and I have a few friends who get together and study about government. We have decided to take the next two months and study the constitution, which is good because I don't think I have ever read it before. While reading something entirely unrelated today I found a quote be Pres. McKay that I felt impressed to share. He was speaking the 1966 April General Conference about the threat of Communism and secret combinations. He said:


"We therefore commend and encourage every person and every group who is sincerely seeking to study Constitutional principles and awaken a sleeping and apathetic people to the alarming conditions that are rapidly advancing about us. We wish all of our citizens throughout the land were participating in some type of organized self-education in order that they could better appreciate what is happening and know what they can do about it."

If anyone is interested in participating with us let me know and I will get you more information. We meet on a random friday night and treat it like a date.

No comments: