11 August 2010

10 things I am thankful for today

I just wanted to write about some things that I am thankful for. We were counting our blessings today and this is my top ten list (not in any particular order):

  1. My awesome husband. He just keeps going and going no matter what and he tries really hard to make my life easier and me happy.
  2. Six braids for three girls. My three girls let me brush and braid their hair today, they look so cute when they don't have orphan hair.
  3. Eight teeth for my almost eight month old. She is finally back to her smiling happy self, no more constant, nerve grating crying.
  4. My homeschooling/parenting mentors. I have learned almost all of what I know about raising my girls from some very smart people. Now I just need to more consistently apply it.
  5. The Good News of the Gospel. This really should be number one. My testimony and my membership in the Lord's true church are my most prized possessions. This is what I most want my children to learn from me.
  6. Air conditioning. It is really hot outside and I don't like to be sweaty. Yesterday Matthew came home from work with heat stroke, (headache, weakness, vomiting, etc) this proves to me that I am supposed to stay inside where it is cool.
  7. Books, Books, Books. I love to read, and am so thankful to my parents, my Aunt Peggy, and Mrs Loop for teaching me this and cultivating a love of learning in me.
  8. My daughter loves to read. One of my biggest fears is that my children will not love books like I do, but Miss M does. I have to force her to stop our reading lessons so the others won't feel neglected.
  9. Grocery stores. Because I don't have to work so hard to get my food I have more time to read.
  10. My bed. I have an awesome bed and it feels so good to climb into it every night. I have been so tired lately and love the soft warm place to recover. 10a is that I am not tired because I am pregnant, I am tired because I have been eating too much junk food (cookies are too good to pass by, luckily they are all gone), too much sugar really is bad for your brain.

2 comments:

Bugs said...

Those are very good things to be thankful for. My list would be similar, but maybe instead of books it would be sports.
I'm a little offended that friends aren't on the list. I can't believe I don't make your top ten.

You are a very blessed woman.

Happy Herrons said...

Too many cookies? Is that possible? Yes, friends should be on the list, after the honey - maybe after Air conditioning - maybe they could share that spot? Friends IN the air conditioning?